Last update: September 2023
Tessellate BIO values the protection of your privacy and aims to process your personal data in a transparent and discreet way and in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR).
This Statement explains how and why Tessellate BIO processes your personal data within the meaning of the GDPR and the Dutch Corporate Governance Code.
1 Who is the data controller?
The data controller in charge of the processing of your personal data is the company Tessellate BIO, registered in the Dutch Business Register under the number 77580044, having its head office at the following address:
Gooimeer 2 35
1411 DC Naarden
2 What is personal data?
Personal data is any information relating to identified or identifiable natural persons.
3 Which type of data do we collect?
Personal data is collected only if you have decided to provide it to us. The data is used for performing the services offered by Tessellate BIO. Personal data is not used for any other purpose, unless you give us permission to do so or Tessellate BIO is required to do so by law. The personal data collected by Tessellate Bio may include: name, address, email address, phone number and other similar information.
4 The legal grounds on which basis the personal data are processed are
If Tessellate BIO processes personal data, one of the following legal grounds is invoked:
- Performance of the contract: the personal data that is processed is necessary for performing the services or delivery of goods contractually agreed between you and Tessellate BIO.
- Legal obligations: the personal data must be processed so that Tessellate BIO can meet certain legal obligations.
- Legitimate interests: the personal data may be processed if it is in Tessellate BIO’s legitimate interest for adequate and lawful performance of its business activities, provided that your interests do not outweigh our legitimate interests.
- Consent of the data subject: the personal data are processed only after you have given your consent.
5 Why do we collect your personal data?
We collect personal data to ensure that we can provide the services and products requested by you and to improve our services and products. Your personal data is also used for direct marketing activities if you have given your consent. The data processing method may vary depending on the service or product provided to you by Tessellate BIO.
Furthermore, your personal data may be used to meet legal requirements and for administrative purposes (accounting, invoicing).
7 With whom do we share your personal data?
- Your data will be used only within Tessellate BIO. Apart from the exceptions listed below, your data will not be shared with third parties.
Your data may be shared with third parties if you have given us explicit consent to do so.
- Your personal data will be shared with third parties if that is necessary for performing our activities. Tessellate BIO only does business with renowned partners.
- Your data may be shared with third parties if Tessellate BIO is legally required to do so (for instance by the Tax Administration).
- In the event of a reorganization within the company or the sale of any Tessellate BIO entity to another organization, Tessellate BIO may disclose personal data related to the sale or other transfer of the company to which the data relates.
- Under no circumstances will your data be shared with third parties for their commercial purposes.
Some recipients of your personal data may be transferred outside the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA) where data protection measures may be less stringent. In this case, Tessellate BIO undertakes to transfer your personal data taking into account the existing adequacy decisions. If the country in which the recipient is located does not have an adequacy ruling, Tessellate BIO undertakes to put in place appropriate safeguards such as standard contractual data protection clauses.
8 How do we secure your data?
To secure your personal data, Tessellate BIO takes all reasonable and appropriate technical and administrative safety measures. This prevents unauthorized access or disclosure, accidental or unlawful destruction, loss and modification of data as well as data breach to the largest extent possible. We constantly improve our systems to ensure that we can guarantee data security. Nevertheless, no system or procedure can offer absolute protection against the aforementioned risks. By providing your personal data to Tessellate BIO, you acknowledge and accept this.
9 How long do we keep your personal information?
Tessellate BIO keeps your data no longer than is necessary for performing its activities, unless we are required to keep them for an extended period to comply with legal obligations.
10 What are your rights?
10.1 Right of access
You have the right to obtain confirmation that we are processing your personal data and you have the right to access that data. Prior to giving you access to the data, Tessellate BIO may ask you for proof of your identity. You also have the right to request a copy of all your personal data processed by us.
10.2 Right to rectification
You have the right to rectification, free of charge, of any data concerning yourself that is incorrect or incomplete.
10.3 Right of erasure
You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data. If we erase your personal data, certain services offered by Tessellate BIO can no longer be provided.
10.4 Right of restriction
You have the right to block or restrict the processing of your personal data. If processing is restricted, Tessellate BIO may store the data, but no longer process it further.
10.5 Right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in three specific cases:
- Processing of data for scientific or historical research and statistical purposes.
- Direct marketing purposes.
- Processing of data based on legitimate interests, the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority.
10.6 Right of portability
You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Furthermore, you have the right to transmit the data in that format to another data controller.
10.7 Right to submit a complaint
Tessellate BIO strives to process your data in the most transparent and correct way possible. However, if you believe that this is not the case, you can always contact our Data Protection Officer via the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority of the EU member state of your residence, place of work or place of alleged violation, if you believe that your personal data is not being processed in accordance with the GDPR.
Please find the contact details of the various European Data Protection Authorities via the following link: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
11 Changes to this policy